Photobucket

Search My Blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday (1)





Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created  at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list  that one of their bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer.



Top Ten Childhood Favorites
(not in any particular order)

  1. The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss- I just loved this book as a kid.
  2. Quick as a cricket by Audrey Wood- The first book I learned how to read. I was so proud I kept bringing it to show and tell at school and reading it to the class.
  3. Harry Potter Series  by J.K. Rowling- This series is what really made me start to enjoy reading after teachers and my parents trying to force books down my throat.
  4. Beezus and Ramona by Beverly Cleary- I greatly enjoyed this series. It entertained me and was a lot of fun.
  5. Amber Brown Series by Paula Danziger- I started reading these because it had my best friend’s name in the title. I ended up l enjoying them a lot also.
  6. The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle- I loved the pictures and thought this book was beautiful.
  7. Six Months to live by Lurlene McDaniel- The first book I read by her. I had picked it out at a yard sale a few years before I finally read it. I couldn’t put the book down and actually snuck to read it past my bed time. That is how I knew it was an awesome book. Other than Harry Potter this was the first author that made me love reading. I then proceeded to find all of her books I could get my hands on and still do to this day.
  8. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer- I was drawn in by the shiny cover. My 5th grade teacher bought me the book at the book fair. She was a great teacher and it was very nice of her to do that. I'm very upset that they changed all the covers for these books.
  9. The Magician’s Nephew by C.S. Lewis- I loved the adventure in this book. I still need to read the rest of them. I was a stubborn child and was upset when I started the next one and found all new characters. I do plan to read them at some point. They are all waiting for me on my bookshelf.
  10. What my mother doesn’t know by Sonya Sones- I loved that this book was written in poetry but still told a story. This was the first book I ever read written in that format. It was a fast fun read.

Thank you all for checking out my top ten! Are any of these on your top ten? Share your thoughts.

13 comments:

  1. The Very Hungry Caterpillar is a favorite of my daughter's. We loved reading that together when she was little...and we still do! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a classic and such a great book! Haha I made my own version when I was little also! It's just so beautiful and a great story. I also love how it's put together and how the pages are made! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Artemis Fowl! I forgot about him - funny, I was drawn in by the shiny cover too. All that glitters,mh...? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent choices - we share one!
    Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the Amber Brown is not a crayon books! THose were fantastic.

    AND YAY FOR ARTEMIS FOWL! He was bad ass.

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harry Potter and The Magician's Nephew were two of my favorite books when I was younger :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My niece loved The Foot Book - she always wanted me to draw her pictures of feet. What a great list of books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barefoot, I love shiny things hehe.It's a great book thought,

    Diary, I will check it out thank you!

    April, I know I wish I remembered them better but I do remember loving them! and yes Artemis Fowl is bad ass haha

    Alexa, they are both such great books! glad to hear you like them too.

    Melissa, haha thats funny :-P I feel like everyone has to love Dr. Suess! Thats for the good comment!

    Thank you all for the responses and feed back! I I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What my mother doesn't know was a great book. It was my first poetry written book. Great list. Here's my Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  10. Same here! I loved it and I read all her other ones but she doesn't have very many :( thanks for the comment and the list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read the Ramona books when I was a kid and to my daughter when she was in the 1st grade. She loves them too.
    www.rebeccabany.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay :) they are great books! I think they will be around for quite a while! I'm glad you and your daughter both loved them! Thanks for the response!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all of your comments. I appreciate every one. I try to comment back to every one it just may take me a while. College student=busy! when you leave links I try to visit, depending on how crazy it is I may not have a chance to go comment on your blog. Please don't take offense! A lot of the time I mean to go back and forget because life is crazy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...