Photobucket

Search My Blog

Friday, February 3, 2012

TGIF (6)

TGIF at GReads- This Feature is for Fridays to re-cap the week's post & to answer a question from GReads.


Question:  Book Appeal: When you're browsing goodreads, the library, or another blogger's reviews, what grabs your attention to make you want to read it?


I must be honest, as horrible as it is, the Covers. *GASP* I know I know don't judge a book by it's cover. I have read some awesome books with horrible covers and some horrible books with awesome covers. I still love pretty covers and they can definitely catch my attention. The next is the summary of the book. If the book looks pretty but sounds like I won't like it then I won't read it. If I read a summary that sounds great but has a bad cover I'll read it. Content matters to me. I won't read a book just because of the cover but hey we all look with our eyes first :-P


When I am reading a  review then I take the review into consideration. Sometimes the opinion makes me excited or if I read a review for a book I want to read but has a negative reaction I take it into account but don't dismiss the book on the account of that one persons opinion. Everyone likes different things and reacts differently, that is how it is. I have loved books that others hate and I have hated books others have loved. I appreciate everyones honest opinion and yes sometimes reviews can make or break the possibility of me reading a  book.


What you may have missed on my blog this week:

Features:

Reviews:

Other Awesome Stuff:

5 comments:

  1. I like reading some people's negative opinions for books on Goodreads because they break it down into really good reasons and tie it in to philosophy, worldview, etc., which people rarely do for positive reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover will draw me in, but the ratings and summary are what ultimately makes me decide whether to read it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover always draws me in, But I also do read the first few chapter to get to know the character. Great answer

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/02/follow-friday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Covers are what catches our eye first. I love a well-designed cover, especially if it's artistically done. But titles are equally intriguing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes covers! Glad we can be honest here. :D You're so right -- we all look with our eyes first. Haha.

    I hope you'll drop by and enter my giveaway to win one of three ARCs! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all of your comments. I appreciate every one. I try to comment back to every one it just may take me a while. College student=busy! when you leave links I try to visit, depending on how crazy it is I may not have a chance to go comment on your blog. Please don't take offense! A lot of the time I mean to go back and forget because life is crazy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...