Photobucket

Search My Blog

Friday, February 24, 2012

TGIF (8)



TGIF at GReads- This Feature is for Fridays to re-cap the week's post & to answer a question from GReads.


Question: Required Reading: Which book from your school days do you remember reading & enjoying? Is there a book published now that you'd like to see in today's curriculum for kids?










 


Honestly there wasn't many books I enjoyed reading when I was being forced. one that I really loved reading is Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. I think that it is such a great book and at least every girl should read it. They even made a pretty good move adaptation of it.I also really enjoyed Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse. It is not something I would typically read at all but I really loved it and I plan to read it again.

There are so many awesome Young Adult books out now that I would have loved to read in school. I'm not sure if they will ever end up in the curriculum. I like a lot of fantasy so that probably doesn't help either. With that my answer will probably be horrible because I would say things like the Hunger Games, Divergent, City of Bones and all of my favorite YA titles. I feel that probably isn't a great answer because those probably aren't the types of books they want to have in school discussions but one can dream right?



 


What you may have missed on my blog this week: (also adding some stuff from last week because I didn't have time to do last weeks TGIF, I also did all my other features last week but am not linking those feel free to check those out also!)



Features:
Book Reviews:







16 comments:

  1. I haven't read Speak, but I loved Herman Hesse's Steppenwolf. Siddharta is on my tbr pile, but for some reasons I never managed to pick it up. Shame on me!

    Happy Friday!

    Patricia // My Hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Speak is so good!!! I have only read Siddhartha I should try some more of his work :) You should totally read siddhartha! so good! I have had a ton of books on my TBR pile forever no worries. Happy friday :)

      Delete
  2. I wish we had to read Speak for school, that would have been a good one. I wans't impressed with our reading requirememnts. Though I agree on THG (which is on my list) and Divergent would be good too. Maybe not as gorey, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAh I was lucky with speak. I got to read that freshman year and I really loved it. YAY for HG :) Glad to hear it was on your list!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read speak but everyone I know who has says it's awesome. I agree with you that The Hunger Games and Divergent would be great additions. I hope you'll drop by and check out my answers.

    http://notyourmothersbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/friday-hops-february-24-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally check it out :) YAY for HG and Divergent eeeps! I will stop by thanks :)

      Delete
  4. I loved Siddhartha! But I think I was not in school (or at least high school) when I read it. I have been thinking about reading it again. Thanks for the reminder of a great book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY glad to hear it. I read it Freshman year otherwise I probably would have never picked it up. so glad I got to. i so need to read it again! I have the physical book but because it is a classic it is easy to find a free e-book copy of it :) You are welcome happy reading.

      Delete
  5. I actually think that The Hunger Games wouldn't be a half-bad book to require in your curriculum. The book can inspire a lot of different discussions because of the cataclysmic events that occur in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I totally agree! You do make a good point :) Maybe someday it will be a school reading book. that would be quite awesome :)

      Delete
  6. Loved Speak and the Hunger Games rock..they'd be great for school

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks, love! Oh, and you know I totally support THG and Divergent! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Yes I do. I knew you would love my Divergent pick ;) one of my new favorite books thanks to you :) <3

      Delete
  8. I love Speak. I recently wrote a Memorable Monday Review on it. I liked To Kill a Mockingbird when I was in school.
    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. Speak is very memorable that is for sure ;) I never read that one in school.. or ever yet. Good to know :) Thanks!

      Delete

Thank you so much for all of your comments. I appreciate every one. I try to comment back to every one it just may take me a while. College student=busy! when you leave links I try to visit, depending on how crazy it is I may not have a chance to go comment on your blog. Please don't take offense! A lot of the time I mean to go back and forget because life is crazy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...