Photobucket

Search My Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (11)



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created  at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list  that one of their bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer.

Happy Valentines Day!!!

 Top Ten Books That Broke Your Heart A Little (this year we're going ANTI-Valentine's Day :P )

  1. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling- the later books get really sad!
  2. Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler
  3. Angel Trilogy by Lurlene McDaniel -Any Lurlene McDaniel book will pretty much do it, but they are so good!
  4. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  5. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
  6. Saving June by Hannah Harrington
  7. Before I die by Jenny Downham
  8. The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
  9. Dear John by Nocholas Sparks
  10. A Rose for Melinda by Lurlene McDaniel
Honestly most of the heart breaking books I have read are by Lurlene McDaniel, I haven't read many sad books that were not written by her. I'm sure there are more that have touched my heart and made me cry I just can't think of them all.


4 comments:

  1. You know, I wasn't all that sad with Saving June... I just wanted to slap Harper! But Nicholas Sparks is one author I won't read any more, because I know I will intentionally be making myself sad! Good list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading all those Lurlene McDaniel books in high school. Some of them were so devastating...I think my personal favorites were the Angels series and the Dawn Rochelle series. Harry Potter, Hunger Games, and Speak are also perfect choices for this list.

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairytale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/02/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-that.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the movie of The last song and it was so so sad too!! I really liked it :) I bet the book is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate-lol I understand that. I have read a ton of sad books so it doesn't bother me too much, I just love a good story and I'm not afraid to cry over it :-P

    Jennifer-Those are two of my favorites also. they are usually the ones I refer to but I love them all. Thank you I'm glad you liked my list!

    Nea- The movie was really good I liked it a lot but yes as usual the book is way better I'm so glad I read it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all of your comments. I appreciate every one. I try to comment back to every one it just may take me a while. College student=busy! when you leave links I try to visit, depending on how crazy it is I may not have a chance to go comment on your blog. Please don't take offense! A lot of the time I mean to go back and forget because life is crazy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...