Photobucket

Search My Blog

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare Review


Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
★★★★

Tessa thought she was a normal human girl, but found out how wrong she was when her aunt passed away. She had nothing left in New York, so she left for England to be with her brother. When she arrived she was captured by a pair called the Dark Sisters, and taught what she could do. The night she was to be given to someone called the Magister, a Shadowhunter (supernatural secret police) named Will rescued her and brought her back to the London Institute.  Once she was free from the Dark Sisters all she wanted was to find her brother and save him. She found out a lot more then she bargained for in that search.

 This was another fantastic book by Cassandra Clare. I loved reading about the characters in a different century than when the Mortal Instruments series took place. I also liked that it was in London, giving different scenery than the other books.

I absolutely loved the characters. They worked very well together and felt real. The various relationships in the book were great especially Jem and Will’s. They have a unique relationship and their banter is hilarious. I was laughing throughout this entire book and a lot of it was because of them.  Will’s snarky remarks are also a lot of fun.

“Are you implying that shreds of my reputation remain intact?" Will demanded with mock horror. "Clearly I have been doing something wrong. Or not something wrong, as the case may be." 

He banged on the side of the carriage. "Thomas! We must away at once to the nearest brothel. I seek scandal and low companionship.” 

I have loved all of Cassandra Clare’s books. I easily get lost in them and this one was no different. She always pulls me into the world and then I don’t want to come out. That is how I felt when I finished this book and I can’t wait to start reading Clockwork Prince. I have no doubt that it will be just as good.




3 comments:

  1. I am sure you will love the Clockwork Prince even more!
    Here is the link I was telling you about. It is something fun for new bloggers. I hope you will partcipate. My post goes up on Sunday!
    http://smallreview.blogspot.com/2011/01/busting-newbie-blues-is-back.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful review, girlie! I'm so glad you loved this book. Awesome quotes that you included too - it makes me want to re-read before we start Clockwork Prince!! Squeeee! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi- I'm sure I will love it! i can't wait to read it with Cheles! I will check out the link, thank you.

    Cheles! Thank you :) eeep how could I not love the book it is amazing! <3 I can't wait for us to read clockwork prince together. I'm so excited! I know reading it make me want to re-read all of the mortal instruments hehe. squeee swoon love <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all of your comments. I appreciate every one. I try to comment back to every one it just may take me a while. College student=busy! when you leave links I try to visit, depending on how crazy it is I may not have a chance to go comment on your blog. Please don't take offense! A lot of the time I mean to go back and forget because life is crazy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...