Photobucket

Search My Blog

Friday, January 27, 2012

Rae of Hope by W.J. May


Rae of Hope by W.J. May
★★★★★

Rae survived the death of her parents when she was very young and has lived with her uncle ever since. Her uncle had moved them from England to America and never talked about going back... until Rae received a mysterious scholarship to Guilder, and her Uncle sent her there. Guilder was a special school, and only unique people got in. Rae didn’t feel like she was special and didn’t know why they wanted her. She soon discovered that the school was specifically designed for people that develop special abilities once they turn sixteen. On their birthday, they receive a tattoo that represents the ability they will learn to wield. Rae was thrown into this new world, never being told that she was special by her parents or her uncle. At Guilder, she discovered the truth about her parents and family history. She had to face the mistakes her father made and prove that she was different. Determined when she received her power, she would use it for good, not evil like her father.

I’m sorry, but my fan girl side is going to come out. I absolutely LOVED this book. I mean, crazy yelling, jumping up and down, telling everyone they need to read it love. I devoured it and constantly wanted more. As soon as I finished, my response was, “I need more, and I need more now! Please tell me there is another book in the near future.”  The author was kind enough to assure me before I had a heart attack that there will be a second book coming later this year. YES! Now, I just have to live through the months of withdrawals from this world until I can get my hands on the next book.

The book was beautifully written and was an engrossing incredible read. I was immediately sucked in by the writing. I was learning about the new world along with the character, which was fun. I could easily feel her excitement, anguish, pain, and other emotions along the way.  It was easy to connect with this book and get lost in it, feeling like I was in the story.

The characters were wonderful, and some of them caught me off guard, surprising me. Things happened in the book that I didn’t see coming, which was awesome. (I’m not going to tell you what they are and spoil it; you are just going to have to read it.) I love being surprised, instead of the story being predictable. The author did an amazing job with this. I really look forward to reading other works by this author, especially the sequel to this book. If you haven’t read this book, READ IT!

I entered a giveaway to win this book and was promptly contacted by the author. She asked me if I would be interested in reviewing a copy of this book. I thought the story sounded very interesting, so I was really excited to be asked to review a copy for her and excitedly accepted the request. Thank you, W.J. May!

Buy From Barnes and Noble or Amazon!



 



11 comments:

  1. Christie,
    This review is amazing!!! Great job! I started this book tonight, and I am even more excited about reading it thanks to this awesome review. This author is extremely nice and very talented. Thank you so much for telling me about her and her book! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the fantastic review! Much appreciated and I'm so glad you enjoyed Rae! There's more to come :) I promise!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheles- Thank you so much love :) I'm so glad you are starting it and can't wait to hear what you think!!! I hope you love it as much as I did eeeeep! I agree the author is super nice and awesome!!! You are welcome :) I love sharing my love of books!

    W.J. May- You are very very welcome. You earned it with your awesome book. hehe I cannot wait!, no really.. I CANNOT wait... :-P hehe Thanks for reassuring me hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful review Christie. I liked the lines about you jumping up and down and yelling! Too cute! I definitely need to look into this one! Awesome job on Michele's zombie badge. I wrote up a post and put it on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Heidi! hehe well that was how I felt I just loved the book. Oh cool I need to make a post too :) that was very nice of you. thanks for the compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. increase mode which helps it to do doattend.com tasks in an also better manner. With Go Here the add-ons as well as bookmarks Direct Opera Mini Download Guide on Android PC as well as other little alternatives Opera Mini that helps in enhancing the speed of the web browser Opera Mini is Opera Browser finest among the class.We all understand that the fastest browser

    ReplyDelete
  7. how users could access Snapchat Login issues! Can’t sign in to my account Snapchat Online Login or web-service Here details using correct methods as well as gadgets.All the customers should be view snapchat online understanding concerning Snapchat Login together with the account configuration. snapchatonlinelogin Well, we shall give all first-hand info pertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Warren, who raised questions about Sanders electability earlier in the night, intercepted that criticism, arguing that a "progressive agenda is popular. South Carolina contest offers the first real look at the influence African American voters play in the Democrats' presidential nomination process. Biden is trying to make a big impression in the state, where he was long viewed as the unquestioned front runner Yeezys For Sale because of his support from black voters.

    Murray's bedroom. As the credits for the show Step by Step one of the kids' favorites rolled across the screen, Lacresha left the bedroom for the bathroom. As she was returning, she Yeezy Boost 350 Cheap said she noticed Jayla Belton acting peculiar on Shawntay Murray's bed.

    Again, everyone thought that he would exit early, like in Wimbledon. Bucking the trend, yet again, he quite literally exploded John McEnroe's younger brother, Patrick, from two sets down. He then took out Michael Schapers and the 10th seed, Karel Novacek.

    8, 2013, when Denver Broncos Matt Prater kicked a 64 yard one against the Tennessee Titans. Dempsey also played for the Philadelphia Eagles, Los Angeles Rams, the Houston Oilers and Buffalo Bills before his retirement in 1979. Purple And White Jordans He Jordan 1 Black And White was 73.. Black And White Jordans MMP grew by 400 percent, increased state funding for mentoring, attracted federal funding and distributed almost $1 million Yeezy Boost For Sale in financial assistance, capacity building, and match activities to mentoring programs. The number of young Yeezy Boost 350 Black people matched increased by almost 50 percent during Shapiro's seven years at MMP. Golf Association Foundation's 10 year, $50 million grant making initiative and Black And Yellow Jordan 1 the American Red Cross of Massachusetts Bay.

    However, the interesting point about the gospels is not where they agree, or are similar, but where they differ, or even conflict. Simple differences include the lack of the birth narrative in Mark and the descriptions of Jesus as a child in Luke. But each gospel also presents Jesus in slightly different ways, perhaps as looking at the Yeezy Boost 350 Cheap same man through variously tinted lenses.

    Vaping products come in different shapes. Some look like traditional cigarettes. Others look like pens. Sea monkeys are the fun lovable little creatures that are too small to hug, but are highly enjoyable if you have a hard time raising pets that need to be fed on a regular basis. The great thing is that they are virtually maintenance free pets; these little creatures are probably one of the easiest pets to raise, and come in a package so no worrying about them wetting themselves on the way to your very own home. Not to mention you can bring them to your office too without worrying Cheap Jordans For Sale about them leaving poo poo in the corner...

    ReplyDelete
  9. She writes, "My home manicure procedure has turned into a three day process! Friday Michael Kors Outlet Store night MK Outlet I usually remove old polish, prep and Coach Bags Outlet trim nails, use Orly Top2 Bottom base coat and apply the first New Jordan Shoes 2020 coat of polish. Early New Yeezys 2020 Saturday morning, I apply a second coat of polish. Sunday morning Coach Bags Clearance inevitably, one hand (only) has become "foggy" and polish no longer shines! What am I doing wrong to cause the fog? I'm leaving tons of time between coats so my polish should be dry.

    Satan answered that prayer when poor Nike Air Force 1 Cheap Outlet innocent Trayvon armed with only a can of ice tea and skittles, while talking to his girlfriend, walked Coach Outlet Clearance back to the home of his father. Little did he know that it would be his very last walk. Zimmerman should be hunted down and given a double portion of what Cheap Ray Ban Glasses he gave that beautiful child.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all of your comments. I appreciate every one. I try to comment back to every one it just may take me a while. College student=busy! when you leave links I try to visit, depending on how crazy it is I may not have a chance to go comment on your blog. Please don't take offense! A lot of the time I mean to go back and forget because life is crazy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...